Friday, June 26, 2020

98 Year-Old Client...

Workouts for seniors, Edmonton, AB, Fit 'N' Well Personal Training

One of my clients is 98 years old. He is turning 99 soon.

Normally I like to offer eating and exercising tips in my articles to help motivate people. Today I would like to share a story from one of my personal training sessions from last week…
One of my clients is 98 years old. He is turning 99 soon. We have been working out together for many years. One day last week he had just finished 20 minutes on the treadmill then sat down for a quick rest before starting his weight routine.
He looked at me and said “Greg, do you have any other 98-year-old clients who work out as regularly as I do and eat as healthy as I do?”
My response was “I don’t have any other 98-year-old clients who exercise as often as you do. I don’t even know another 98 year old except for you. “I went on to say “Mr.________, you and Mrs._________  are 98 and 97 because you work out and maintain a healthy diet.”
These two clients of mine are a great source of friendship and motivation for me. That moment especially was a very powerful moment for me.
“You are 98 because you work out and maintain a healthy diet” I have always admired this couple. Before this moment I hadn’t really put much thought into how remarkable this couple is. They lead a healthy lifestyle and yet still enjoy the odd small dessert or sugary treat. They aren’t drinkers but enjoy a glass of wine at a family event. They are both strong and agile and physically they can do things that many 70 years old’s can’t do anymore. They still live together in their home of over 50 years and will be celebrating their 76th year of marriage this Saturday.

“You are 98 because you work out and maintain a healthy diet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment